Monday, May 25, 2009

oven pancake



My mom found this recipe from Be Free for Me which is an awesome resource I found a couple months ago. They offer daily emails with recipes and articles.

Gluten Free Fried Dough

4 Tbs butter or margarine
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (we used Bob Red Mills)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
(we added these for a sweeter taste)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Place the butter in a glass pie plate, and put in the oven until melted. Do not burn.
While butter is melting whisk the rest of the ingredients together
Remove the pan from the oven , and make sure the melted butter is evenly distributed across the bottom. Pour the batter in pan
Bake for about20 minutes until the edges are crispy and brown.
Remove from oven and dust with powder sugar.

I had my doubts about this recipe but mom made it for my son and they both fell in love with buttery flavor of this light pancake. It reminds me of a buttery funnel cake that I use to eat at the mall. My mind is already racing with fillings and toppings for this dish. It was awesome as a breakfast but I am thinking dessert is it's true calling.

No comments: