Tuesday, May 6, 2008

NQN banana bread bake off


I found yet another foodie event that inspired me to create a new recipe over at Not Quite Nigella. She has a very eclectic and fascinating blog and I urge you to check it out.

This time I had my son in mine, he loves peanut butter sandwiches but so far my attempts at gluten free bread have not tasted good by lunch time. Well the banana bread did in fact he came home and proclaimed the sandwiches awesome.

I made the bread into two mini loaves to make little sandwiches smeared with natural peanut butter and an Italian organic chocolate hazelnut spread. Enjoy my recipe and Ilook forward to trying everyone elses banana bread recipes
INGREDIENTS
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup honey
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup each potato starch flour and tapioca flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 4x2 loaf pans and set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the eggs and honey. Stir in the flour mixture and
mix until just combined, then fold in the chopped nuts (optional). Pour the batter into the
prepared pans.
bake for aproxamitly 55-60 min

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great, it's always great to see gluten free recipes. And isn't it the ultimate accolade to get that "awesome"! Thanks for your entry Terri :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this gluten free recipe. I'll have to try it.