Wednesday, July 6, 2011

curry infused lemon chicken


I wanted curry for dinner tonight but neither the ingredients nor the desire to go shopping so I used curry spices and coconut milk to bring new flavor to lemon chicken. Also if you like this recipe you should check out real food weekly which is an amazing collection of recipes using real ingredients

1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/2 cup chopped carrots
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Saute vegetables in olive oil over medium heat until softened then add spices. After another min of sauteing add lemon juice. Then add chicken and brown on all sides. finish by adding coconut milk and allowing to simmer for 10 mins. serve over your favorite rice.

I like my lemon flavor to be strong and my sauces to be thin enough to flow through my rice you can decrease both the lemon juice and milk to make a thicker less acidic sauce. Also you can increase the curry to get more heat or toss in some chopped jalapeno. I didn't ave any or I would have.

No comments: