Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes



Well I have had a can of pumpkin in my pantry forever so I decided some super yummy cupcakes were in order.

2 1/4 cups Gf baking mix
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
1 cup milk


Preheat oven to 350* and line 24 cupcake cups. Beat eggs and sugar until smooth, then add oil pumpkin and milk. In separate bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture scraping sides as needed. Fill cups 3/4 full and bake for 20 mins or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.


I filled these cupcakes with a simple chocolate ganache and topped with cream cheese icing and edged with finely minced pecans. They were ooey-gooey and gone fast. My only note is the candy corn may not be safe I left it off the ones I made for me so you should double check if you plan on putting candies on top. I can put them on for my family as I am the only Celiac in the house.

No comments: