Friday, May 2, 2008

adopt a gluten free blogger


Ginger Lemon Girl is a fellow North Carolinian (even though I am not from there I lived there for 6 years before moving to Italy). She is a busy girl with a new food event I can't wait to learn more about called Kid Friendly Foods Friday as I have a picky son and husband.

I adopted Ginger Lemon Girl this month because I was excited to find her cheddar biscuits. I was so excited I planned a whole Red Lobster dinner around them and I was so glad that I did. The biscuits were so light and yummy. They tasted just like I wanted them to.


I was timid about the big batch of her master baking mix I would need to make for the biscuits, but was glad to see she had other recipes using the mix. Now I also have plenty of mix to make them again. Another plus is my Husband will love them even though they are gluten free. This will be a definite addition to one of his first meals home.

I really enjoyed adopting Carrie and look forward to trying even more of her recipes in the future

I also want to thank Rachel at Wheat-Free, Meat-Free for being such an awesome host this week.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! Thanks so much Terri!! I'm so glad you enjoyed those biscuits! I need to make a big batch of all purpose mix again! That really makes me want some of those biscuits!! You are so sweet! I didn't know you had some time in NC! Thanks so much for adopting me!! ;-)

Carrie said...

Also wanted to tell you Terri that you can use that baking mix in ANY BISQUICK recipe!! It works really well!

Rachel said...

I mentioned this recipe to my celiac hubby and he told me that we HAVE to make these and SOON! Thanks for participating in the Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger event and reminding me of this great recipe from Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl.

-Rachel
Wheat-Free, Meat-Free