Sunday, April 27, 2008

menu swap for april 27- may 3


This weeks menu swap is hosted by Asparagus Thin who has a fantastic site going. The ingredient is peas which I love however my mom is here visiting and she hates peas so I will not be able to utilize the theme ingredient.My menu this week will continue to focus on a diet rich in antioxidants. A bonus for this week is that I went to wonderful olive mill and purchased some fresh olive oil so I am going to whip up some wonderful dressings for my salads and fish.

Sunday: Taco Bell Night with tacos, beans, mexican rice, salsa, guacamole, and homemade cinnamon twists and chocolate ice cream

Monday: grilled tuna steaks with fresh herb infused olive oil and a greek salad

Tuesday: grilled chicken breasts topped with mozzarella cheese served with spaghetti and a homemade tomato sauce

Wednesday: grilled steaks and salad

Thursday: hamburger steaks topped with wilted spinach and asiago cheese with baked potatoes

Friday: crab legs and corn chowder with Ginger Lemon Girl's cheddar biscuits

Saturday: eating out

my dessert for this week (well I have 3 this week since i was feeling inspired but no recipes. I will post them as i create the desserts) rocky road gelato, cinnamon twists, and meringue oreos

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can I pwease have your cinnamon twists recipeeee? I'd love to know since I'm a Taco Bell freak. Having a Taco Bell night is awesome!

celticjig said...

How great is it to have your own olive oil! Yum! Great sounding menu.