Sunday, May 13, 2012

bringing back the peanut butter cookies

Well I got 2 huge jars of crunchy peanut butter from Costco and was craving some before my well meaning teen son cross contaminated them with his sandwich making. That's when I realized while there is a brief post on peanut butter cookies back in 2008 but I didn't even include the recipe or show how truly versatile this recipe is. Shame on me because this is the easiest cookie you will ever find with just 3 ingredients.

first the cookie

1 cup peanut butter ( creamy, crunchy, freshly ground its your choice)
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix together until smooth and that's the dough. Now for traditional cookies make table spoon size balls and roll them in a little sugar. Using a fork press down twice to create criss cross pattern. Thumb prints can be made by indenting the ball with your thumb and filling with your favorite jam or Hershey kiss. Now my favorite is to mix in a half cup of chocolate chips and follow directions for rolling and fork mashing.

now bake these at 350 degrees for about 10-15 mins until slightly golden. these cookies need to cool before you handle them to much or the crumble and fall apart but once cooled they are chewy and yummy

they don't last long (my family eats the whole batch the first night) so make them often and happy baking

No comments: