Monday, May 7, 2012

Gluten Free Domino's

Domino's has launched their Gluten Free pizzas in 5,00 stores today. This is exciting news for people with gluten sensitivities across the country. they are the first national pizza delivery chain to do this. The bad news is that if you have celiacs this pizza may be to much of a risk. Domino's worked with the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) but they decide store practices would not allow them to ensure a truly gluten free pizza at this time. They plan to continue to work out the bugs and hope to be Celiac approved in the future.

you can learn more at  http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=135383&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1692234&highlight=

So I decided to be brave and try it. My Domino's is small and I order as soon as they opened. It is a 10 in pizza and with 3 toppings cost me about $14. Not a bad value considering i paid $22 for a 14 in from Garlic Jim's. The pizza was very tasty but I don't see me ordering often. One because Garlic Jim's was bigger and had more options for toppings plus delivered. That being said if I was still in NC where delivery options are limited yes this be a regular. I also might at a party or gathering where the risk of Cross Contamination might be worth it not to feel like a leper  . I don't not advocate this kind of risky behavior. It is my personal choice to decide on case by case the risks of getting sick with how i am feeling emotionally.

No comments: